It is no secret that parenting a child with ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) can be difficult, overwhelming, and frustrating. It is not the child’s fault, nor the parent’s fault. ADHD is a mental disorder that affects the way people act and focus in many different ways. ADHD is not the same for every one, which makes it a very interesting and complicated disorder. People are born with ADHD and one of the many misconceptions about ADHD is that it only affects children and it is something kids will grow out of as they get older. This is absolutely not true. ADHD never goes away. However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel for families feeling the weight of ADHD. With the proper treatment, which can include medication, nutritional changes, therapy, and accommodations, ADHD symptoms can be managed and controlled. ADHD coaching and tutoring are other great and useful tools families can benefit from and the company, Nobel Coaching, is offering exactly that.
Nobel Coaching is a relatively new company that was started in 2016 by Andrew Sachs, a parent of a child with ADHD. Like most children with ADHD, Sachs’ son was faced with many challenges growing up. Through a combination of ADHD coaching and tutoring, not only did Sachs’ son benefit, but the entire Sachs family did as well. As a parent of a child with ADHD myself, I know firsthand how my child’s ADHD negatively affects the rest of my family. Don’t get me wrong. My husband and I absolutely love and adore our child, but just like most other parents of children with ADHD, we are figuring out our child’s ADHD one day at a time. We are trying to determine what treatments work best for our child, what accommodations work best for her at school, and even what reward systems work best for her at home.
What is great about Nobel Coaching is that it caters to a variety of people. Nobel Coaching works with adults struggling with challenges in their life, lacking motivation, and needing support to achieve their goals. Nobel Coaching also works with students at a university level who are struggling at school, lacking motivation to study, and wanting to improve their grades. Since my own child is in elementary school, I am mostly interested in what Nobel Coaching offers for families with children in elementary school and high school and that is what I would like to share with you today.
Besides the Adviser, who is your main contact person at Nobel Coaching to help you choose the best service and schedule your appointments, you and your child would be in contact with Nobel Coaches and Tutors:
- Coaches– Nobel Coaches are well trained in coaching and therapy with a Master’s or PhD in psychology. They work one-on-one with your family to help develop strategies that utilize your child’s natural talents. They ask open-ended questions that help your child realize what their strengths and motivations are. Nobel Coaches work with your child to set achievable goals through a series of realistic steps, which helps alleviate your child’s frustration and provides them with a boost in self confidence. What is great about Nobel Coaching is that it is a highly individualized program. Just like every person with ADHD is different, so are their goals. The program is based on your child’s needs, interests, and motivations. What I also love about Nobel Coaching is the positivity, which is something that my own child with ADHD absolutely needs and reacts well to. Another goal of Nobel Coaching is to help promote beneficial habits for living a balanced, healthy lifestyle, which is not only important for people with ADHD, but for everyone.
- Tutors – Nobel Tutors are able to tutor your child in a variety of subjects, including English and Writing, Math, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, and Computer Science. (Other subjects are available upon request.) Just like Nobel Coaching, Nobel Tutoring is highly individualized as well. Studying methods and techniques are tailored to the way your child learns best. This is something that is very important to me, because my own child doesn’t do well with “conventional” ways of studying. I am constantly trying new studying techniques with my child in order to get her attention and make homework enjoyable for her (and me), but sometimes, that is just not enough for her. To be able to have a tutor not only experienced in the subject matter, but in new learning processes for my child would be absolutely wonderful for us. Homework (and life in general) would be so much less stressful for everyone in the family.
What I love about Nobel Coaching is that they truly understands that “it takes a village” when it comes to raising and helping a child with ADHD. Everyone at Nobel Coaching is looking out for your child’s best interest and truly wants to help your child reach their full potential and succeed. The Nobel Coaches and Tutors use Learning Plays, a comprehensive set of learning strategies to help your child identify and master their learning processes. As the Coaches and Tutors get to know your child better and learn what works best for your child, they collaborate to develop the absolute best learning techniques and methods for your child to use. There are four stages of Learning Plays: 1. Discovery, 2. Uncovering What Works, 3. Putting Into Practice, and 4. Maintenance. To learn more about each stage, please click here.
Benefits of Nobel Coaching
- Not time consuming. Coaching sessions with your child are 1 hour per week and coaching sessions with parents are just 30 minutes per week. (I don’t know about you, but I spend more time than that just driving my kids around.)
- It’s online. The fact that you don’t have to leave the house to utilize and benefit from Nobel Coaching is incredibly appealing for busy families like mine. Want to have your meeting with your child’s Coach in your pajamas at 8:00pm? Go for it. No judgement here!
- Flexible. Nobel Coaching is very accommodating when it comes to scheduling, allowing you to have appointments on weekends and outside of business hours.
- Reasonable Price. According to Care.com, a private tutor for a high school student costs about $15 per hour. Personally, I would take advantage of Nobel Coaching’s monthly package, which is $25 per hour for tutoring. I am definitely willing to pay $10 more for the convenience of my child being able to be tutored online with flexible scheduling. I am also willing to pay more for my child’s tutor to be experienced with working with children with ADHD who understands how to keep my child engaged and motivated.
- No pressure! You can schedule a complimentary 30 minute consultation with a Nobel Coach, in which you can discuss the challenges you are facing and the Coach will provide you with some possible approaches and solutions. To schedule the consultation or to learn more about Nobel Coaching and to, call (888) 526-2241. They are open every day except for Saturday from 9am to 9pm, EST. (If you prefer to send a message online, you can do so here.)
Special Discount for My Little Villagers’ Followers: Use promo code “AW013V3” for 10% off