Halloween is coming and you know what that means… Halloween classroom parties! Kids are going to be stuffing their faces with candy Halloween night, so why not give them a healthy and fun snack during the day? The class will love it! It is also a great arts and crafts activity for your little one and you to do together.
What You Need:
- Cardboard Box
- Construction Paper
- Halloween Stickers
- 2 Paper Halloween Napkins
- 2 Toothpicks
- Dole Mandarin Oranges Fruit Cups (Make sure you get enough for the whole class)
- Pumpkin Stickers (These are cute ones!)
- Carefully using scissors, cut out the bottom part of a cardboard box as shown.
- Carefully using scissors, cut the “fence” out by making tiny triangles as shown.
- Have your child use a green marker to draw the grass.
- Have your child use a black marker and a ruler to draw the fence.
- Glue the entire bottom of the box.
- Open two Halloween napkins and lay them flat on the bottom of the box.
- Have your child use the construction paper, markers, and stickers to get creative with the background.
- Glue the bottom back of the background to the box.
- Have your child use the construction paper, markers, and stickers to get creative with the sign.
- Color two toothpicks with a black marker.
- Glue the bottom of the toothpicks to the back of the background as shown.
- Glue the top of the toothpicks to the back of the sign as shown.
- Turn the fruit cups upside down and put a pumpkin sticker on them as shown.
- Arrange the fruit cups inside of the box.
- Have the children pick a “pumpkin” from the pumpkin patch and enjoy their delicious and healthy snack!