Every child needs a Calm Down Jar. I used it multiple times for children with different temperaments at my daycare and it worked every single time. They loved shaking it and then watching all of the glitter fall slowly to the bottom. It truly calms children down. They are called Calm Down Jars, because most people use glass jars for them, but with young children, it’s best to use a plastic baby bottle in my opinion.
- Plastic Baby Bottle
- 1 Cup of Hot Water (This varies on size of bottle)
- Glitter Glue
- Small Plastic Toy
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil and carefully pour it into the bottle.
- Pour as much glitter glue as you like. (I used about 2 TBSP, but some people like to use more.)
- With a spoon, stir the glitter glue and water together until most of the glitter glue has dissolved. (I used silver glitter.) Note: There will still be chunks of glitter glue, but it will eventually dissolve.
- Put sequins of your choice into the bottle. (I used two small packets of different colored blue sequins, but you can put more or less, whatever your preference.)
- Put a small toy into the bottle. (I used a small pink pony, but I have seen people use other toys, such as Legos.)